Dear LMC Families,
Beginning on February 24th, we will resume our Blended Learning Program. Blended Learning means that on selected days 6th, 7th, and 8th graders will have classes inside the building. If a family did not choose blended learning during one of the previous opt-in periods in summer 2020 and in November 2020, at this time, their student(s) will remain in remote learning. The DOE will continue to closely follow public health conditions and the potential for any future opt-in periods will be guided by those standards.
How does this impact our community?
- All students will have a mix of asynchronous and synchronous classes.
- 6th and 7th graders will have more live sessions of Science instruction.
- 7th and 8th graders will have more live sessions of Spanish instruction.
Due to spacing and staffing constraints, we will only offer 5 days of in-person instruction to students with IEPs in ICT classes and students in Temporary Housing. We have employed substitute teachers to fulfill this opportunity beginning March 1st.
Other DOE Important Reminders for Blended students:
- Please adhere to NYS quarantine guidelines if you traveled to another state or country during the Mid-winter Recess.
- If a Blended student misses (5) unexcused consecutive days of in-person instruction that student will become a remote student.
- If you are returning to the building, you must consent to weekly random testing. You can consent online at New York City School Account (NYCSA) or access the hardcopy English/ Chinese/ Spanish. Consent or exemption or the student will become a remote student.
- Students must complete a daily DOE Health Screening before entering the building. Complete as Guest at https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/. Please complete at home and take a screenshot of the results to share with us at arrival.