Check out what parents say about what makes LMC special
Take a virtual school tour of Lower Manhattan Community Middle School and hear what students have to say about their school.
At LMC it is our goal to provide an educational program that caters specifically to the interests of middle school students, as well as to their academic and social / emotional needs. At the core of our school is a belief in community and that all students should learn from those who are socially, economically, and racially different from themselves.
"We get to know our students and give them what they need to be successful."
LMC Mission Statement
Our school is made up of 4 classes of students at each grade level (6, 7, 8) for a total of 12 classes and approximately 370 students. Each year we admit around 120 students, 20 of whom have Individualized Education Plans (IEP) for Integrated Co-teaching (ICT) support services.
- School Tours Session- TBD
- This year will be a lottery-based system
- District 2 students have priority
- Students will rank schools
- The middle school application will open the week of January 10, 2022, and the deadline to apply will be March 1, 2022.
- Visit myschools.nyc for the application