President’s Report: Nicki Francis & Hope Flamm
- Thank You!!!
- Caroline – providing PTA with color duplications
- Parents who donated food to the LMC Lunchbox
- Book Fair volunteers – Laurie, Archie, Hope & Sally & Vincent (Sally’s son)
- Art Explosion volunteers – Viola, Paul, Brenda and Maggie
- PTA purchased new cafeteria tables.
- SAVE THE DATE
- December 20th – Community Day
- December 21st – Winter Wonderland
- Please send in snacks, sweets, chips. NO SODA.
- January 10th – Picture Day
- Stephanie needs volunteers for morning or afternoon
- Stomping Ground is the picture co.
- Your child can bring a prop
- January 16th – Sean Grover – teen psychologist
- Will provide a Q & A.
- February 1st – Chinese Banquet & Talent Show at Jing Fong
- Talent show auditions will be during the 21st
- Make sure the acts/music are appropriate
- Permission slips to audition
- Posting tickets soon. Performers’ tickets are compensated.
- May 3rd – LMC Auction.
- January 8th if you are interested in helping with donations.
Treasurer’s Report: Stephanie Green
- #Giving Tuesday a success!
- Aimed for 100 families to donate. 111 families donated
- A family generous donation of $5,000 with company match
- Direct Appeal/Matching Opportunity
- $28,000 from Direct Appeal
- $5,000 not included.
- Average donation is $109
Special Guest: Jessica Sinclair
- Gave the parents a tour of the digital artwork that the students have been working on.
- Joy of Giving Program
- Donated 30 DLSR cameras
- 7th & 8th Graders take home the cameras with permission slip.
- Use of Photoshop & Illustrator
- 7th Graders learn technique
- 8th Graders learn how images work together to create a series.
NEXT MEETING January 16, 2019.
Submitted by: Maggie Chin